The refrigerant is the blood of the compressor. The purity of the refrigerant is particularly important for cold storage refrigeration equipment. The most obvious phenomenon is the cold storage filled with high-purity refrigerant.
The refrigeration effect is obvious, the temperature drops quickly and the cooling capacity is large. The low-purity refrigerant not only fails to reach the desired temperature drop but also damages the compressor. The following is the method to test the quality of refrigerant.
If you have the test conditions, it is recommended to check the purity and acidity of the refrigerant before using it. It is not recommended to use the refrigerant whose test results are significantly lower than the industry standard. Note: The purity of qualified R22 refrigerants should be greater than 99% (the purity of high-quality refrigerant is greater than 99.8%), and the acidity (in HCL) should be less than 0.0001.
If you do not have the refrigerant detection conditions, it is recommended to perform a simple inspection before using the refrigerant.
(1) Turn the refrigerant tank upside down and release a small amount of refrigerant onto a piece of white paper. If there are obvious impurities or liquid water on the white paper, it indicates that the refrigerant is of poor quality and is not recommended.
(2) Connect the pressure gauge to test the pressure of the refrigerant bottle, and check whether the pressure in the bottle is within the normal range by comparing it with the refrigerant temperature and pressure characteristic table. If the pressure is obviously abnormal, it is not recommended.
And when the refrigerant is halfway used, the pressure in the bottle can be tested again. For a single-component refrigerant such as R22, the two measured bottle pressure values should be very close.
However, for inferior refrigerants, there are usually multiple components mixed. After the refrigerant in the bottle is used, the bottle pressure will usually be higher due to the change of the composition ratio. Big difference. If you encounter such a phenomenon, it is recommended to stop the refrigerant immediately and discharge the refrigerant that has been charged into the system to avoid polluting the system.
In the system debugging and operation stage, if the following abnormal phenomena are found, the refrigerant should be paid attention to in time.
(1) The refrigeration capacity of the system is obviously insufficient and no other abnormalities are found after an inspection.
(2) The filter or expansion valve of the system dryer is clogged, and the clogging is yellow-brown wax-like or black sludge-like foreign matter.
(3) Abnormal high and low pressure or temperature occurs during the operation of the system, or abnormal system equilibrium pressure when the system is stopped (refer to the refrigerant temperature and pressure characteristic table).
When these abnormal phenomena occur, it is recommended to extract refrigerant from the system for purity testing to troubleshoot the risk of inferior refrigerant. During this period, it is recommended to empty the refrigerant on the compressor side or release the refrigerant in the entire system to avoid potential inferior refrigerant from contacting the compressor and damaging the compressor.
Once it is discovered that the unit components or compressors fail due to chemical pollution caused by the inferior refrigerant, the units that have used the same source of refrigerant in the site (even if the unit is still working normally) need to replace the refrigerant. Because the impact of hazardous chemical components in poor-quality refrigerants is sometimes slow, it may cause system failure after a long period of use.
The refrigerant provided by Fortech is safe and environmentally friendly, with a number of authoritative certifications, and we can also provide customers with competitive prices. If you want to learn more about refrigerants after reading the above, please contact us for professional solutions.
As a professional refrigerant manufacturer, we are always committed to providing customers with high-quality and safe products. We have a professional production team and constantly research and develop new technologies to fully control the quality of our products. At the same time, we can also provide effective solution technology and thoughtful one-stop service according to customer needs. If you are interested in our refrigerants, please contact us immediately!